As I've been catching up on blogs, it seems that y'all have had a meme-in. It's been fun reading more about everybody and where you've been and what you'd been doing before we all met up here on this part of the road. So, I'm joining in on the meme-love. Here we go...
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I graduated from college. I had just written and produced my first play at school. I was planning a move to Chicago in the fall and the summertime was filled with dating someone new and babysitting an amazing girl, Annais, whose mother was a theatre actress. My cousin, Vassi was babysitting Annais' best friend, Alex and Alex's sister, Sarah and we spent our days together at the Claremont, swimming and playing lots of canasta. Before fall came, my Chicago plans got sidetracked as I got offered my first post-grad paid theatre job in SF. I worked as an assistant producer/office manager for a one-woman show and non-profit arts organization. Just before the year ended, I got an opportunity to go live and work in Ireland. I said goodbye to the theatre gig and jumped on a plane to London, not knowing that this would begin my life-long affair with travel, foreign men, and the gypsy life.
2. What 5 things are on your to-do list for today?
Well, these were 5 things (the day is now over)
- Go to Passport Center to get my name changed
- Call D & JD to reschedule, R to schedule, and A to check-in
- Get a bathing suit (uh, I finally did it) and gifts for my niece, my brother-in-law, and my mother-in-law to bring to Italy
- Do laundry
- Catch up on blogging
(Can you tell I'm done with my 3 jobs right now?!)
3. List some snacks you enjoy.
- All Mariposa goodies!
- Popcorn popped in olive oil
- Soy chai and 18 Rabbits' cheeky cherry chocolate granola bar (my Peet's fix)
- Cheese (too many kinds to name) and wine (ditto)
- Almond butter and creamed honey on whatever gluten-free fixin' I've got in the house
- Red grapes or cherries (no other fruit quite compare)
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
This a hard one...what wouldn't I do?!?!?
- Buy us a house in Berkeley
- Open up our Italian Wine Bar/Arts Space on the San Francisco Bay
- Open up a Healing Center by the sea (either in Italy, Greece, or No. California Coast) - like a retreat center with art workshops, therapy, writing, music, dance, etc. for people in need of a place to process away from home (and have the guests' visit subsidized so that it would be open to people of all different economic backgrounds)
- Open up a charity in Salvatore's name and donate to several organizations (too many to list)
- Fund all my friends' art projects - films, theatre, music, writing
- Travel and do volunteer work around the world. Pay for my friends and family to travel too!
- This list could take me all night...
5. List the places you have lived.
Oh shit. Are you still with me?
- Redondo Beach, CA
- Oakland, CA
- San Ramon, CA
- New York, NY
- Berkeley, CA
- Santa Cruz, CA
- Dublin, Ireland
- Galway, Ireland
- Chicago, IL
- Rome, Italy
- Bacoli, Italy
- Pozzuoli, Italy
- Brooklyn (Carroll Gardens, r-e-p-r-e-s-e-n-t), NY
- Baia, Italy
- Monte di Procida, Italy
- (and because it all comes full circle), back to Oakland, CA
Oh, by the way, I only moved twice in my childhood (both times before the age of 3)
6. List the jobs you have had.
Oh, fuck...this will be harder than the places I've lived...I'm sure if I didn't lose you at #5, I've lost you now...
- Babysitter
- Art Gallery Assistant
- Office Production Assistant - "Mrs. Doubtfire"
- Bookstore Clerk/Assistant Events Coordinator
- UCSC Records Assistant
- Assistant Producer/Office Manager - "Uncle Gunjiro's Girlfriend" and First Voice
- Waitress/Hostess/Busbitch (I stole that title from G. Thanks, G.)/Cashier - sometimes, all at the same time.
- Actor
- Playwright
- Arts Education Outreach Teacher/Mentor
- Office Temp Worker
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra Tele-fundraiser
- Personal Assistant
- Middle School Substitute Drama teacher
- Assistant to the Artistic Director at Shakespeare at Stinson
- SF Elections Worker (I had to patrol voting precincts and hand-count ballots in a basement for weeks...eek...thank god I got a touring theatre gig to get me out of there!)
- Catering Server
- English Teacher
- SF Shakespeare Camp Voice & Movement Teacher
- Gluten-free Bakery Worker/Bookeeper
- After-school drama teacher
(I wrote assistant WAY too many times!)
7. List the names of people you want to know more about:
I think pretty much all of you have done this, but if there's anyone who's reading this who hasn't, consider yourself tagged.
2 comments:
Pretty crazy Ang, were you at UCSC 92-92 by chance? I was at Kresge.
Good times good times. Busbitch, I tell you that job SUCKED.
No, I went to NYU from 92-94. I was at UCSC from 96-98 at Porter (I never lived on campus though). But, I think my bf from highschool was at Kresge. I visited her. It was funny because we wrote letters to each other a lot that first year of college (remember life before email? :-) and she included a pic taken from her dorm room window - it was a view of a beautiful redwood tree. I returned the favor by sending her a pic taken from my dorm room window - it was a view of a brick wall :-)
Yes, good times, good times indeed!
Post a Comment