Sunday, June 29, 2008

7 comments:

G$ said...

Strange, venting conversations like that have a bit of a healing effect on me too. I am glad you got the time to talk like that with your inlaws and to hear Salvatores joy over baby Salvatore's birth.

I hope Italy is treating you well today, I excitedly wait for more stories and hopefully a picture of the Blue Sea :)

xo
g

Monica said...

I stumbled across your blog in the baby loss blog directory, and wanted to let you know my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of you child. I too lost a son, Zachary, at 32 weeks to stillbirth, and an earlier boy to miscarrage at 15 weeks, so I can relate to your circumstances somewhat. Keep up the wonderful, honest, profanity-peppered blog. Feel free to come visit me sometime: www.knockedupknockeddown.blogspot.com.

Take Care, Strong KuKd Momma.

Monica LeMoine

Coggy said...

The thought of the blue see made my yearn to go to the beach today. But it's grey and cold here so probably not the best idea.

I'm glad you talked in the way you wanted to and I'm REALLY glad you let it be known that the way Salvatore has and will continue to be part of your life. So many people want us to produce a stiff upper lip and move on. You are right, moving on does not mean moving on without our little ones. That would not be moving on at all. It would be denial.

Have a swim in the blue, blue sea for me. Eat plenty of good food and post us some pictures x x x

CLC said...

So glad you said how you feel. No baby will ever replace Salvatore. I hope they eventually understand that. Are you back there for the summer or permanently? Hope you are having a nice time. I look forward to learning more Italian curse words!

AfroDiva said...

Lisa,
So glad you are there. And that you are able to find your voice in the midst of so many familial challenges.
I too am glad that you connected with your inlaws with such honesty and directness.

Much love to you.
catron

k@lakly said...

Hey you,
It's been a long time. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. I hope all is well with you.
Please write and let me know.
xxoo

k@lakly said...

Still thinking of you and wondering how you are....